Friday, September 2, 2011

Quick & Simple

A painting cradling a multitude of colors.  The lapping of small waves on a lake shore.  Rounded pebbles beneath bare feet.  Words that challenge the inner soul.  Inspiration.  We all seek after that which keeps us going; we search for the stimulation--those life experiences that awaken us.

I find inspiration in many different things.  People's life stories, biblical accounts of sin conquered, photography, sunrises.  When the goosebumps blanket my arms, and a chill prickles my neck, I know. 

It's so easy to move through this short life of ours without ever really recognizing what is around us.  We become self-focused, and we miss the little gifts God sends our way.  One of the characters in the movie, Elizabethtown, mimics the action of snapping a photo at certain "pictures" she sees as she walks through life.  Isn't the opportunity for inspiration just like that?  Something quick, and sometimes something so simple.  It will pass unless we take note of it.

I'm just rambling this morning, and I really don't have any sort of point here, but there's something about inspiration that keeps nagging at me.  What inspires me?  Why does it have that affect on me?  What might God intend by sending this my way?

On a side note, the trees have begun to trade their vibrant greens for muted oranges, yellows, and reds.  This means I can hang my autumn wreath, right??

And a second side note: I'm drinking my THIRD free Starbucks coffee this morning. :)

No comments: